This year I have one main goal and all my little goals will help me work toward that big goal. It is to find and fall in love with ME! I tend to put my focus on everyone around me and have completely neglected the woman that I am. No longer. From this moment forward I will think about my health. I will think about my happiness. I will think about my plans. I will think about where I want to be years from now. With that said here are some of the small goals I have set for myself and for this Power of One challenge:
- I want to pay attention to what I am eating - cutting back big time on carbs - but not full-fledged Atkins.
- I want to be drink more water. I will start with 5 or 6 glasses and work my way up to the 8 glasses/day.
- I want to quit smoking.
- I want to be more active - mostly by playing with my kids but through exercise as well.
The other things not really geared towards health that I want to accomplish are:
- I want to have my picture taken and actually be okay with it.
- I want to work on keeping the house cleaner on a daily basis.
- I want to learn a little about my past and let go of some things.
- I want to spend some time figuring out how to be a better wife and mother.
- I want to sew a quilt.
- I want to further my education by free online classes or at a school - I'm not picky!
- I want to blog everyday (I have taken the Bloggy Moms Bloggy Dare).
- I want to make some 'real life' friend connections. Lately it seems like all my friends are in my computer. I'm thinking like a lunch date once a month or something with a REAL person! lol
Okay - so as you can tell - I have a lot going on in my head right now. As I get into a new routine I'm sure some of these goals will take precedence and some will fall to the wayside. But I think its healthy to at least give a valiant effort towards self-happiness! :)
So - without further ado - here's the part I am most nervous about. Sharing my picture. I can't believe I'm going to do this... but here it goes: